If you are planning to begin a career as a taxi driver, or you run a taxi company and are looking to expand your fleet, you will need to fulfil the requirements of the local authority.
Many specify that all taxi drivers must complete a taxi driver assessment to ensure that their driving meets the required safety standards and that they have the necessary competencies for the role.
Passing our taxi driving assessment will show that you have the core skills required, giving you the necessary accreditation.
Taxi Assessment overview:
What skills are covered by the assessment?
During this hour-long on-road session the driver will be assessed on their ability to:
- Perform a manoeuvre in the road
- Drive without being given turn-by-turn instructions
- Perform stops at the side of the road to simulate passenger collection/drop off
- Answer a range of customer service questions, for example, if you found lost property in your vehicle
- Correctly answer questions on the Highway Code, including traffic signs and regulations
There is also an advanced taxi driving assessment available, which will cover wheelchair exercises using a wheelchair-accessible vehicle. This training will cover:
- Safe unloading and loading of wheelchairs
- Use of wheelchair brakes
- Use of seat belts and safety harnesses
- Securing the vehicle’s wheel belts and clamps
Book your assessment today
Call our Customer Care team on 0870 120 2910, or fill in our contact form if you have any queries.